Forget what you read previously

 There was another of my blogs somewhere that was about building an O scale, maybe even P:48 layout based on aspects of the railroad that served Plymouth Industrial Park in Plymouth MN.

Forget about it. (Not entirely of course, there's every possibility that I'll come back to it in the future. It's an interesting location) But...

I discovered something far more interesting to me. With street running, short trains pulled by tiny locomotives, and a major city utilities facility. Eagle Street on the New Orleans Water and Sewerage Board Railroad.

Yes, as unlikely as this sounds this is a real thing. A railroad that goes to a water and sewerage plant. It runs right up the middle of a road for three quarters of a mile. How cool is that?

Eagle Street, Looking North the rails in the middle of the road
I have been doing quite a bit of research on the line to date. I'll share it here as the project progresses and in the Spring Issue of the Micro Model Railway Dispatch as well. The Railroad is a fascinating subject. With much to offer the space starved modeller. 
But for now I'll just put this post here. People who know me, will think this is just another pie in the sky project from yours truly. It might well end up like that. But I have locomotives, stock and track to build this. I know I'm going to build an O scale layout at some point. I might as well start now, given my new position in life.*


*I took early retirement from work. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Planning

Want to buy a house?